Career Opportunities with Velesco Pharma
Velesco Pharma is a contract research and manufacturing organization providing formulation & analytical services along with cGMP clinical supplies to clients in the pharmaceutical & biotech industry. Velesco is a high growth organization founded and staffed by pharmaceutical industry veterans. The successful candidate will be working in a dynamic flexible environment with an opportunity to learn and take on greater responsibility. This role is based at Velesco’s development laboratories in Plymouth, Michigan and will entail occasional multi-day trips to our cGMP facility in Kalamazoo.
This position involves the development and validation of pharmaceutical analytical methods in Velesco Pharma’s development laboratories. Additionally, the successful candidate will lead the transfer of analytical methods, along with release and stability testing of clinical study supplies in our cGMP QC laboratory
Education, training, experience:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Pharmaceutical analytical chemistry laboratory, including experience with operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting HPLC systems
- Experience with analytical method development, method validation and stability testing programs.
- Familiarity with working in a cGLP or cGMP environment.
- Familiarity with Agilent HPLC systems and Chemstation/Empower software is an advantage.
- Experience with dissolution method development/execution is preferred.
- Experience handling and weighing small quantities of material utilizing a microbalance. Familiarity with writing and maintaining SOPs, high quality lab notebook documentation, and ability to write high quality scientific reports is required.
- BS or MS Degree in Chemistry or related field
Must be self-motivated, possess good interpersonal skills, able to independently handle a wide variety of work assignments and meet tight timelines. Candidate will work in a fast changing environment and needs good judgment and awareness to recognize and solve laboratory/data issues. Exhibits good writing, communication and time-management skills and is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and similar programs. Able and willing to work in a team environment and participate in team activities. Enthusiasm for working in teams and collaborating with both colleagues and external clients.
Salary: Competitive base salary plus bonus
Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, 401K
Job Type: Full-time
Velesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.