Analytical - Drug Formulation Careers
Pharmaceutical Formulator - Ann Arbor, MI
This position, based in Velesco’s R&D laboratories in Plymouth (near Ann Arbor), MI, will be part of a
team who are responsible for executing drug product development projects. There is an
emphasis on working with early phase pharmaceutical development candidates.
Skills, experience and education:
• In depth experience with developing formulations of early stage (lead selection
through Phase 1) small molecule candidates for both pre-clinical and clinical use.
• While there is an emphasis on liquid and semi-solid formulations, experience
with simple blends for encapsulation and tabletting is required.
• The successful candidate should have the ability to carry out practical work with
minimal supervision in a precise and rigorous fashion and to document the work
clearly and legibly in a laboratory notebook. A demonstrated ability to write
high quality scientific reports is also required.
• As drug substance is usually very limited at this stage of development, the
candidate should be skilled in handling and weighing small quantities of material
utilizing an analytical balance.
• Must possess good interpersonal skills and able to meet tight timelines.
• Familiarity with Agilent HPLC systems and Chemstation/Empower software is an
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a regulated analytical chemistry laboratory
• Degree in Pharmacy, chemistry or related field.
• Ability to work in the US without employer sponsorship
The successful candidate will work in a fast changing environment and needs good
judgment and awareness to recognize issues as they arise. Able and willing to work in a
team environment, the successful candidate will be expected to work at Velesco’s GMP
facility in Kalamazoo on occasion.
If you meet the qualifications above and would like to apply, please submit your Curriculum Vitae with Cover Letter to:
News and Events
Dave Barnes Featured in Pharmoutsourcing article!
2014 APPS Annual Meeting and Exposition
Velesco will be exhibiting at the 2014 APPS Annual Meeting and Exposition at the San Diego Convention Center, in San Diego, CA on Nov. 3 - 5, 2014. Please visit us at booth # 3925.